|Timothy J. Burnham
B.COMM, LLB, MEDIATOR
Tim has been a partner with the firm since 2009. He provides legal services in the areas of Real Estate, Mediations, Family Law, Corporate law, Civil Litigation, and Wills and Estates. Tim is also a registered family mediator.
Having obtained his Bachelor of Laws (2006) and Bachelor of Commerce (2003) Degrees from the University of Alberta Tim has spent the Majority of his professional career with Gurevitch Burnham and it's predecessor Gurevitch Headon & Associates. Prior to working in Grande Prairie, Tim had a successful career in Real Estate while living in Edmonton, where he worked in the areas of both Commercial and Residential transactions.
Tim and his family moved to Grande Prairie during the summer of 2006 to join the firm as an articling student. Since that time he became an Associate and then a Partner. In addition to the practice of law, Tim has been involved in the community in many ways, including coaching basketball and soccer, being a scout leader, and serving as the President of the Board of Directors for the Canadian Mental Health Association - Alberta Northwest Region. Tim has also been an instructor for the Parenting After Separation Seminar since 2008. Tim also maintains an active involvement with his church and continues to fill various positions within it.
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association of Collaborative Lawyers of Alberta
- Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Alberta Family Mediation Society.
- Alberta Arbitration & Mediation Society
- Current President of the Canadian Mental Health Association-Alberta North West Region
- Current Scout Group Commissioner
- Current Instructor for Parenting After Separation Seminar in Grande Prairie and Peace River
- Past children's Soccer Coach
- Past children's Basketball coach