On November 15, 2011 Timothy J. Burnham was elected by the Board of Directors to be the new President of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Mental Health Association - Alberta Northwest Region. Tim has been a member of the Board of Directors since 2010.
The mission of the CMHA is to promote mental health for individuals and the community.
CMHA ANWR promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness in many ways. CMHA ANWR provides community mental health support for individuals whose determinants of mental health are at risk and whose struggle with housing stability puts them homeless or at risk of homelessness.
The support is provided through direct services that include:
1. Affordable and Transitional Housing including the provision of 58 units at Willow Place and 2 community housing locations.
2. One Stop Shop Outreach which facilitates tenancy solutions and outreach for housing stability to individuals and families.
3. Advocacy in the mental health system, planning outreach services and the importance of collaborative community based initiatives.
4. Hub Resource Centre which provides advocacy, support and linking for individuals who struggle with mental health and/or mental illness.
5. Community Partnerships to actively seek and promote linking with other agencies to create greater access and care as a means to fulfill our vision - providing resources to foster communities of mentally healthy people.